Well…I am back in the states after a wonderful trip to the UK!! Despite, the 24 hour trip home – which included 2 children under the age of 4, 3 planes, 2 layovers, and to boot the car wouldn’t start when we arrived back in Portland at 11:00 pm!! I am happy to say, I am feeling incredibly relaxed and looking forward to ringing in the New Year with family and friends this evening. Let the champagne flow – woo hoo!!
That said, I started to think about a few resolutions I have for myself and thought I’d share them all with you.
1. Don’t sweat the small stuff – learn it, live it, love it! Moving the button on a dress down by 1/4″ isn’t going to solve word hunger.
2. Learn to appreciate the small milestones in life instead of always looking at the big picture. Building a business takes time you know.
3. Let go at the end of the day – perhaps it’s my Type A personality but I am always checking, double checking, sneaking off after dinner to check work mails, this year I resolve to turn off at the end of the day so that I can give my family the full attention they deserve!!
4. Do my best at the multiple roles I have: wife, mother, business owner and accept that sometimes something will have to give.
5. Continue to build Little Pea – give it my all, knowing that I do not have a crystal ball. Regardless of what happens with Little Pea be proud of how far we I come and what I achieved!
There you have it folks, my top resolutions for 2010. Have a wonderful New Year! Eat, drink, and Be Merry and best wishes to all for a happy and prosperous new year.